MORE THAN A TEACHER began when one UT math major decided to teach small groups of high school kids how to attack the SAT. Since then, the company has grown into Austin’s largest and most popular SAT/ACT preparation academy. Now serving more than 1500 Austin area students every year in more than a dozen locations, MORE THAN A TEACHER is still run by two career high school teachers who have crafted SAT and ACT classroom courses that are both effective and engaging.
Experienced and enthusiastic about what we do, MORE THAN A TEACHER takes great pride in its over 20 years of successfully equipping students to achieve their goals. We are proud to now bring this established and effective course to Central Texas!
What makes us better?
- Our teachers. We hire, train, and retain the best teachers in the industry. Unlike other companies, we look for educators who not only aced the tests themselves, but who can communicate our strategies for students in accessible and engaging ways.
- Our Central Texas roots. We are a locally owned, Waco-based company.
- Our experience. MTAT has been educating students since 1989. MTAT Centex owners are both experienced university educators who have also developed study skills materials for high school students used at schools around the country(www.success4students.com).
- Our materials. We use real PSAT, SAT, and ACT materials in our courses, not self-published look-a-likes.
- Our reputation. We are trusted by counselors and parents alike.
- Our results. In a typical year, over 50% of recognized National Merit scholars at Westlake High School work with our program.
- Our fans. Many of our students are referred to us by school counselor or friends and siblings who’ve taken the class.
- Our customer service. MORE THAN A TEACHER CENTEX is a Waco-based business focused on meeting the needs of Central Texas communities. We pride ourselves in making every effort to ensure that our customers are satisfied with their experiences and successful on their tests.
- Our flexibility. More Than A Teacher students can use any of our available schedules or discounted private tutoring to make up any missed classes. With so many classes and locations available, we can accommodate even the most demanding schedule.
- Our return policy. We allow students who have come through a class to return and take all or part of that class as a refresher, as many times as needed, at no extra charge!
- Our guarantee. We are so confident in our approach to test prep that we offer an unmatched money back guarantee. Read more about our guarantee here.